Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TOMATOES AND CRAFTS



When we first arrived at the beach the Middle of November, our neighbors, Larry and Wendy, were nurturing a volunteer tomato plant which is only 5 feet from the high tide line. When Larry and Wendy pulled up stakes and headed home to Arizona just before Christmas, they passed the care of said tomato plant to me. I have done what I could and that plant has hung in there~~it refuses to die! It even has 7 tomatoes!! In spite of dogs peeing on it, the tomatoes are ripening. I picked one this week that was ripe; it had good flavor but the skin was really tough.


This last week we made baskets/pouches out of kelp fom the Oregon coast. A very interesting process~~I show photos of some of the results. I'm not going to show mine until it's dried and I have attached embellishments.




Our class in the large open palapa.

No comments:

Post a Comment